Financial Concern

Are you worried about "keeping afloat"?  About how on Earth you're going to pay all those bills?
In this blog, I want to share with you my road to financial freedom. It may not be what you think.
In fact,  I invite you to allow for the possibility that you have been defeating your very desire of providing wealth and goods in abundant measure.

Review Your Definition  Of Prosperity

I want to start with what I think exemplifies this: the accumulation of stuff. Have you heard the quote "Possession is nine tenths of the law"? This is an expression from a system that I suggest, more often than not, gives more rights to those who "own" stuff, than those who don't. I suggest it's time we question our assumptions regarding possession/ownership.

When you are sad, bored, depressed, do you go shopping?  It may be the "American way". But is it yours?
When I'm sad or depressed, rather than looking at what I can acquire to give me a temporary lift, I look to see what I can get rid of. Inevitably, I find something that I'm ready to let go of. And when I do, "voila"! I feel more relaxed, peaceful, and inspired. When I let go of something, physical, mental, and emotional "space" are cleared. It's as though by letting go of a thing, I now have literally, more of me! "Less is more".
  Whenever you feel the desire to get something, I encourage you to slow this immediate reaction to run off and buy, buy, buy. Take time and inquire within as to whether you really want this. What is motivating your desire? Is it the fear that if you don't get that thing, (even food and clothes) that you'll suffer?

Deafened by the voice of desire
You are unaware The Beloved
Lives in the core of your heart.
Stop the noise and you will hear
His Voice in the silence. ~ Rumi

If you resonate with this at all, why not try a shopping "fast". Stop this process in it's tracks and only move when inspiration moves you. Only then. And when you are inspired, listen and follow the inspiration precisely as it moves you, kinda like Gepetto pulling Pinnochio's strings. Don't run off to the store. Let the inspiration take shape in you. Let it fill you with the joy of anticipation of newness, fun, and the knowing that this Inspiration (or Intuition) is guiding you, and in It's Time and while this is happening, you will discover that this thing will come into your life in perfect time.

We don't have to do a thing based on survival fears, or the resignation of "I owe, I owe, so off to work I go".  Allowing Inspiration to guide us is very FUN. We align with the "Infinite Knower", that consciousness that "knows" us way better than we know ourselves and that has in store for us a life that is more joyous than we can imagine in our wildest fantasies.
To have this, we need patience and trust. We don't need to run around collecting our nuts and saving them for those rainy days. When there is a need, no matter how big or small, Life provides the perfect solution. PERFECT.

Experiencing Real Wealth

Some years ago, I awoke one morning with an inspiration for recumbent bikes. I let this inspiration fuel me and guide me. One "door" after another magically opened. Synchronicity was afoot! As I "walked through these doors", an entire body of knowledge opened to me. I learned about a vehicle that is superior to any form of transportation on the planet!
As I proceeded along this road, everyone I spoke to who owned a recumbent LOVED IT!  I finally found the design that most fit my life style. Although, 80% of the recumbents in the world are in Europe, this one was designed and manufactured in Santa Rosa Ca.!  The means to have this bike came easily. This awesome bike is now my main source of transportation. In fact, I sold my truck 6 years ago! This has been a joyous "ride" ever since. I believe this has also made huge, positive impact on the environment. Just riding this awesome vehicle, people always smile. I smile, knowing that they are being exposed to a significant contribution to living in greater harmony, joy, and peace.

This story is just a snapshot of life. This Inspiration is always available to us and in every aspect of our lives, and in every moment. I invite you to switch your thinking from "how can I get___(fill in the blank: anything, money, sex, lodging, you name it)" to "how am I inspired right now?" The more you ask this question, the more inspiration you'll feel and the more you'll find yourself on a Magical Mystery Tour, filled with every experience you want, but better than you can possibly imagine.

Turning "Possession" On It's Head

Reflecting upon the ideals and technologies I believe can make the greatest contribution  to the health and wealth of humanity (while realigning us with our role as stewards of life on Earth), I came up with the following:

Hemp; the most versatile plant known, that feeds the soil, requires no chemicals, and little water.
Organics; pure, chemical-free, healthy, sustainable food and environment.
Bikes: the most efficient transportation, both healthful and zero carbon emitting.
Localizing: recirculate wealth into your community,while potentially drastically cutting air pollution.
Sharing: ensuring all people have basic provisions for life, while giving people dignity and  reducing crime
Veganism: the greatest single producer of Co2 is the production of meat. Honor animals.
Simplifying: reduce impact on the Earth and your psyche. Value life as it is.

Of these, I believe "sharing" is the most important. All the rest are an outgrowth of an attitude of sharing.  When we share everything, even the richest 1% will have more wealth than they do now! Everything will be available to them. Check out this amazing organization, that has outlined in great detail, regarding just how we can make this shift.  The Venus Project:  http://www.thevenusproject.com/about/the-venus-project

Imagine

Imagine there is no Heaven, it's easy if you try.
No hell below us, above us only sky.
Imagine all the people living for today.
Imagine there's no countries, it isn't hard to do.
Nothing to kill or die for and no religion, too.
Imagine all the people living life in peace.
Imagine no possessions, I wonder if you can.
No need for greed or hunger, a brotherhood of man.
Imagine all the people sharing all the world.
You, you may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.
I hope someday you will join us and the world will live as one.
 ~ John Lennon

What To Do

Each time a desire (for anything or anyone) arises, be aware of what you're experiencing. Are you anxious, bored, or desperate? If you are experiencing anything other than Inspiration, ask yourself  "Do I really want this?" Take a deep breath and listen internally for an answer. When you quiet your mind, you'll be aware of the answer to this question. It's always available. Until now, it has just been clouded with other thoughts that you have been trained to listen to first.  Eventually, you'll be able to discriminate between fear-based thoughts and inspiration-based thoughts by the joy and deep peace accompanying them.  Listen to those thoughts and enjoy the ever increasing Abundance Of Life.

My wish for you is not to "have a great/ awesome day",  or to acquire great wealth, or fame, or that your body be rock hard, with all the curves just so.
My wish for you is that you "have enough"...  that you "be enough".    Peace.


No comments:

Post a Comment